Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I will give you guys a little upate on me and how I'm doing lately. I'm still not exercising. I just hate "light exercise", so honestly, I'm not doing anything at all. Remember how my doctor was sending me for all those tests (blood, urine, stool, ultrasound)? Well, the blood test came back as still anemic (although I've been taking iron supplements) and laying off the high intensity workouts/running, so she upped my iron intake to 3 pills per day. At the ultrasound, my doctor had ordered an abdominal and pelvic exam. While the radiologist was doing it, she asked me why I needed these ultrasounds. I started explaining to her that I have sporatic and heavy bleeding, along with being anemic for a year, and I have alot of pelvic discomfort. It's been going on for 4 yrs now. When she was done, she asked me to wait while she talked to the doctor. When she came back, she said that the doctor would like to do an internal ultrasound, so I agreed. They said that if my doctor needed to see me she would let me know this week because she gets the results in a matter of 2-3 days. I didn't hear from my doctor, so I thought that all was good, but she did end up calling me...8 days later :O( When I went in for the appointment, my doc told me, "you have nothing to worry about, it's just polyps, they are almost always benign, we will just wait 6 months and do another ultrasound to see if they've changed. I went home and felt very nervous. It was really bothering me that I'm having these symptoms. If we know what *might* be causing these symptoms, then why aren't we doing something now to fix it? It's gone on for 4 yrs! So I wrote a letter and dropped it off at her office requesting a referral to a gynecologist. She did so immediately (within 5 mins of dropping off the letter). For the next day, I kept visualizing the little diagram she had drawn on the ultrasound report describing to me what polyps were and blah blah blah...but the whole time she was drawing, my eyes were scanning that report...I didn't remember seeing the word "polyp" anywhere. It drove me nuts for 2 days, so finally I just went in and requested a copy of my ultrasound report. Sure enough! I read the report and it says that I have thickening of my endometrium (6mm) at the fundus, and NO VASCULAR STALK indicating that it was polyps. What am I crazy? Why would she tell me I have polyps and nothing to worry about, when it says right there in black and white that I don'thave polyps I have thickening of the endometrium? Anyways, I see the gynecologist on Dec 17, we'll see what happens then. If anyone has any experience with these things, feel free to fill me in. I am still counting my WW points and being a good girl, but I can't lose weight. I am stuck at the upper end of my "healthy weight range". It is SO frustraing eating with my points set "to lose weight" and just being stuck at 167 lbs. I'm still considered healthy, but not where I like to be. I guess the lack of exercise is why. Anyhow, that's how I'm doing in life these days. Now, on to happier things... :O)

New pics of Dora! Her breeder was telling me about how crazy she is. She said that I'd better be ready to give some time-outs LOL! I guess she's a real handful and thinks she's a little Diva. I think that I can handle her ;o)



5 comments:

Alexia said...

Hey! I was looking at your photos on the side - what an inspiring transformation. Also, I wanted to share my experience with severe anemia and heavy bleeding, in case it's helpful for you: I was hospitalized this spring because my blood level was dangerously low. I had to get three blood transfusions. This all started months earlier, when I missed my period for, like, 3 months. And, then, when it finally came, it wouldn't stop, was crazymad heavy, and clotty. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Mostly, I bled lots, with a couple brief pauses. After three weeks, I went to the ER, but they weren't very helpful, and they gave me an appointment far in advance (I don't have health insurance, etc). Meanwhile, I continued to bled, until I started to eat chalk (a condition called Pica)and my heart started to talk to me. Then, I checked into the hospital.

With me, they considered a few things - a mass inside my uterus/ovary, hormonal imbalance, etc. However, after tests, including a sonogram, my doctor diagnosed it as a result of my weight (235 pounds then). Apparently, fat can affect hormones, etc.

But, that's just my story. I hope your issue gets resolved for the best. Hey, can you follow my weight loss blog? www.mywickedwickedways.org
I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I had always had very heavy cycles. Was put on BC pills at 13 to try and alleviate some of the symptoms. It worked.

Fast forward to having kids, 5 years ago I had a miscarriage - I had the original D&C and thought all was well, until I almost bled out, they had missed 'some'.... so after almost needing a transfusion, my OB did another D&C and all was better. But my periods got worse (as if that was even possible) I was also told to take iron pills as I was borderline anemic.
My ob did similiar tests and found nothing so he suggested I have a thermal ablation of my uterus. Which is basically burning off the endometrium layer of my uterus to alleviate the bleeding. BUT the only thing is you can NOT get pregnant after as there is no lining for the egg to attach itself to so I had a tubal at the same time.

Not sure if this is TMI or helpful but with the exception of the thickening of the endometrium, sounds like we had similiar problems. I had my surgeries done a year ago September and have not had a problem since. I used to go through an entire box of super plus AND maxi's every single cycle (TMI), now I barely need a pad for my cycles - they are that light!

Hugs and hope you find the answers you need with your ob!
♥Stacey

Jocelyn said...

Hope you get things figured out soon...I don't really have any advice sorry :( But found your blog and just wanted to let you know that you are doing fantastic and I think you look amazing <3

jules said...

hey shrunk i used to blog and follow you a million yrs ago when i was losing too,
anyways, just wanted to say good luck with the dr stuff and i pray you get answers soon
just remember how far you have come with your weight loss, i know you are frustrated, but for now until you get more answers , at least you are in a healthy range , when i was following your blog, you were just starting your journey, so i remember!
hang in there!
i was down to my goal weight but just found out i am preggers again so back to the weight gain!lol
take care

Serial Dieter said...

Hello I have just discovered your blog...Your transformation Is amazing. You look wonderful. Its funny how your fashion changed as your body changed. It makes me sad to realize that I have not been wearing the clothes I really want to wear because of ny weight. Its terrible how weight can hold you back from so many things. You look fantastic though, congratulations.
If you would like some reading, I too have started a blog tracking my weight loss cyber public, heres the link
http://confessionsofafullersize.blogspot.com/