Friday, December 17, 2010

I went for my 6 week follow up appointment with my plastic surgeon today. I've got clearance for everything! She said that I don't have to wear my post surgical garments anymore, only if I start to feel tight or sore. I can start exercising again. She wants me to gradually start up though, and to really watch it if I'm going to lift weights and maybe even hold off on those for awhile still. She said to just follow my body as far as both the exercise and ditching the compression garment go. I'm allowed in hot tubs, swimming pools...all of that is fine. My scars look great YAY! I am still swelling but with this surgery that can go on for months.

I asked about the loose skin at my hips, she said that they went as far as they could with the incision without doing a circumferential (full body lift), and she does not feel that a circumferential was necessary for me. She does say that I need a revision for a slight dog ear on my left side. We will do that in February, which is also when my next follow up appointment is.

Time to go for a bra fitting and get some good supportive bras, and some new panties!

12 comments:

OldGoogleAccount said...

This is such good news! I'm so happy everything went so well for you. You've got such a great attitude toward it all too. Well done!

klkl said...

I am so glad you are doing well. I admit to concern when you didn't post for so long.

You are inspiring.

Unknown said...

That is awesome! congrats on the good news and the go ahead to start getting back to your routines :)

Q102Briand said...

I am so happy for you!!! You worked really hard to get where you are and I know you have been looking forward to having the surgery for sometime.

I had my tummy tuck a year ago August and I will never forget how awesome it was when I didn't have to wear the support garment anymore! :-)

March said...

I am so excited for you! I have read your blog since the beginning and quit reading about mid-summer when I started a new job. I thought about it last night and looked it up just now and saw all of your wonderful news!!! Congratulations!!!!! I only have about 20 pounds left (maybe 30) and you truly inspire me. I would also love to see before and after pics. My email is mucwab13@gmail.com.

Sassle said...

I hope all is going well for you, I just checked your photos and WOW you look great and you are very inspiring! Can't wait to see your new pics!

Megilon said...

Glad to hear things are going well and you are recovering nicely!

Unknown said...

Your journey is amazing! I have been following it since the beginning. You are an inspiration to all of us are are trying to reach our goal!

MichellesJourney said...

Hi There,

I just started following you and I love your blog. Please join my weight loss blog and lets support eachother!

Awesome job on your success!
See you soon,

Michelle

jaxgirl said...

I just started posting again, and was so excited to see you finally did this! I have been seriously considering it too. I would love to see your before and afters Shaunna! Happy to hear you are doing so well! Jaxgirl @ sasktel.net

Morgan said...

Hi there, I have been reading your blog for quite some time now...hope the healing continues to go well!

Alex said...

Hi There,

Your journey has been so inspiring. I read your blog from the beginning and felt so motivated! Even though you don't blog a lot now you are one of my favorite blogs ever!!

I am passing on an award to you - you can come and pick it up from my blog!!