Sunday, April 15, 2007

10K SUN RUN COMPLETED! I just ran my first race. It was the 10k Sun Run in Vancouver. I met both of my personal goals that I set for the race. The first was to run the entire thing (no walking), and I DID! The second goal was to do it in under 70 mins, and I DID THAT TOO! According to my Nike+ training kit I did it in 66 mins 20 seconds :O)

ANDDDDDDDDD, I'm not dying! I feel pretty good. Actually, I'm on top of the world!!! My new orthotics ROCKED the hizouse. I couldn't have done it without them :O)

THANK YOU to HappyChix and Mousearoo for being my running inspirations :O)

7 comments:

cat's dish said...

You ARE Superwoman!!! CONGRATS!!! You must be on top of the freakin' world!

I wish I could commit to running, I just need to find a way to spice it up. I get bored so easily! I'm sure, though, with everything else you've inspired me to do, I'll stick to this one. You're amazing, Shaunna! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Oh my Gaaawwwd
I KNEW you would do the whole thing.
But you RAN all the way ? AND under 70 min
Girl this is amazing. Your first run.
Have any pics to share ?
I was thinking of you all day yesterday
LOVE YA TO PIECES
Karine

marie said...

YAY YAY YAY YAY!!! i'm sooooooo proud of you!!! and what an AWESOME time!!!

i was wondering as I ran my 10km with my running clinic yesterday morning (although, with the time diff you would have still been in bed :P) how you did!

CONGRATS on reaching your goals and blowing them right out of the water!!!!

Jen said...

OH WOW!!! Congrats!!!

You are kicking ass at everything you have committed yourself to!!! I can't even imagine how proud you are of yourself!!!

Shirls said...

in 66 minutes!! my god girl you were flying! and you my dear deserve all the kudos for your hard work, your the one who got out there and trained :0) WTG!!

wannago said...

Way too go! Glad the orthotics worked out for you. You truly are an inspiration... lol... I am sure me and many others have said that a time or two!

Anonymous said...

I've gotta tell you, Shaunna, that of ALL the people I have met on the WW Boards you (by far) have inspired me the most! You rock, girl!!!