Thursday, November 11, 2010

I didn't sit in my recliner all day. I wasn't doing too much, just sitting at the table with the kids doing school work all day, and sitting at my desk to browse the internet, and walking around a little bit. Well tonight when I was sitting at the table helping my daughter with some school work and it hit me all of a sudden. I started to feel like a balloon getting bigger and bigger. My friend described it as feeling like "Violet" from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. That's exactly how it felt. It hit me so hard and so fast that my husband walked by, looked at me, and said, "Oh my God, Are you OK? The look on your face......". I felt like I was gonna pop right through my garments. Both my breasts and my tummy were just huge. I felt desperate to get the garments off so I thought that it would be a great time to take a shower. Phew, thankfully, sitting in the shower and just resting helped the swelling to go down. I had no problems getting back into my garments with Dh's help of course.

The Phlebitis is better today. I slept the entire night (and I slept 12 hrs) with it elevated above my head and it definitely helped. It is no longer red or warm to the touch, and the pain doesn't travel the 4 inches up to my wrist anymore. Now it's just a rice shaped bump, which isn't nearly as sore as yesterday. So hopefully soon it will be gone.

2 comments:

Born to Run said...

Thinking of you and wishing you an easy recovery. You're doing great!

TobyLauren said...

I haven't checked in for a while - just wanted to say wow! You have been through a lot since I was last around. Sounds like everything is on the right track, though.

xox