Tuesday, November 09, 2010

I'm losing weight. I'm down 5 lbs since surgery, despite all this swelling. Usually it's quite the opposite with this surgery and people go up about 10 lbs.

Bandages are off! Drains are out! Holy #$%^ it hurt getting the tape off. That was the most sticky ass tape I've ever seen in my life. It was like she was ripping a layer of skin off. She had to brace herself and use two hands to tear it off. Then she goes "the drain removal may hurt"...PFFFT, yeah right! After what I went through with the tape, no way...I didn't even feel the drains coming out!

I look like I've gone to war, but otherwise I look good! My boobs look freakin' fantastic and she said they only took about 150cc's total out of both of them. I am particularly impressed with the boobs, I've gotta say. I kinda think that there will be a slight "dogs ear" on the left side by my hip, but my Plastic Surgeon thinks it's just swelling and will go down, but she did say if after 6 months we feel it is an issue she will do a revision for me. I still have loads of stretch marks. They seem to stand out even more to me now than before, but oh well...scars don't bother me. She did a nice job on my belly button too. It's perfect (just still in war wound stage). I am allowed to shower now, but Dh is in a meeting after work, so won't be home until late tonight. I have to wait for him to get home because there is NO WAY I can get back into this tight ass compression garment on my own. It is SOOOOOOOOOOOO snug. Comfy, but really snug and I'd strain myself trying to do it up. So when he gets home at like 8pm my time, I will have my first shower (ahhhhhhhhh) and get him to take some pics that I will post in my private album. I can't wait to compare the pics to my before pics. It is hard for me to look past the wounds and swelling right now.

I go back in one week to have the stiches removed from my nipples and to switch to paper tape on my abdominal incision. The stitches that were used for my tummy are all dissolvable. After the paper taping we will switch to silicone tape. I dunno, it just feels darn good to be out of those bandages and into my compression garment and surgical bra. My skin can breathe!

7 comments:

Megilon said...

So glad everything is going well! Take care of yourself!

Kwissie said...

Seriously isn't that tape a B. It took a month for all of the residue to come off of me.

The first shower is always the best. Just don't over do it.

Glad you're recovering nicely.

K

Jen @ Making Messes said...

Congrats! I'm 1 yr post op on my tummy tuck and remember clearly when the bandages came off. So nice....

We need pics!

Dena Rox said...

Yay!

I really am so happy for you. Keep updating...we care!

xoxo
D!

sunshine! said...

Yippee for showers! WOW, you are doing so well.....looking forward to more progress reports!

Graham Krackers said...

Looks awesome! Glad your healing so nicely! The compression garment is totally comfy, hey? I think mine looked identical to yours!

Quick weight loss diets said...

Great article.Love this post!Thanks for sharing.God bless you.