Wednesday, November 10, 2010

So I was just at Planet Organic and almost fainted right in the aisle while talking to a sales clerk. I had to sit down on the yucky floor and put my head between my knees. I've had this hard kinda bump like thing on my left wrist/arm area (same side IV was on). It feels to me like a piece of long grain rice in my vein and it's a little red and sore for a few inches up to my wrist. It was really sore last night, and still sore today, so I thought I'd better go to the Dr's which just so happened to be only 2 blocks away from the store that I was at. The doctor said that I have Phlebitis, which I guess is an infection in my vein from the IV. Certain medications e.g. nausea medications that are given through the I.V. can cause phlebitis. I was given gravol through my IV after surgery. I wonder if that's what did this. The doctor said that she was glad that I came in anyways, because she was not happy about a report she had been given about my surgery. Apparently my heart rate dropped during surgery? (Noone told me!) So she just wanted to check my heart, which was fine. Phew!

2 comments:

Dena Rox said...

wow Shaunna! Glad you got in to the Dr real quick!

It really Makes you wonder how much stuff is kept from us, as patients. Glad ur fine though! :)

Nancy Dyck said...

Stay strong! you have worked so hard and done so well. I truly enjoy reading your blog you inspire me...