Friday, January 04, 2008

Well, I did it! I ran a 5k in 30 mins tonight. I'm going to be sore tomorrow I can tell! It feels good to be back on track though. I'm really disappointed at how poor my fitness level is, but I guess I deserve it after taking all of that time off. Tomorrow I will hit the gym, I promise. 30 mins Cardio, and 30 mins Strength Training. Thanks for all the support you guys, and for the warm welcome back. Mouse and Shirls, I was thinkin' of you two when the going got tough. It helped to keep me motivated and really push it. I know there are days that you guys just don't feel up to it, but you still get your run in :O)

8 comments:

marie said...

WOOOHOO!! That's awesome :)

...and now i'm dragging MY BUTT out for a run :P

Vanessa said...

Great job on the run! No worries, I'm sure you'll be back in shape in no time. You can do it :)

Crystal said...

Glad to hear that you did the run and that you're back at it!! It feels good doesn't it? Thanks again for all your support Shaunna ... you ROCK!!

Martalu said...

Excellent job! Glad you are back, and I LOVE the new layout!

John Rambo's Wife said...

Hey Shaunna. Its been awhile since I've chatted with you. Just wanted to drop by and say that you are still one of my biggest inspirations. Your success is incredible and the fact that you are mainting it even more. :)

Anonymous said...

hey!
5km in 30 min thats 6min/km!!! awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also - i have been missing your posts!!! :)

skinnycinderella from the ww boards

Tracey said...

Hey now...you know that 5K in 30 mins is rocken...cut yourself some slack. You know you're awesome! Keep it up...you inspire us all :)

Shirls said...

ok you need a little hand slapping! 5KM IN 30 MINS described as "poor fitness level" WTF??? I can do 5km in 30 but I hate doing it, it kills me, its a big push to do it, poor fitness level my ass ;op